Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
Shockwave is a non-invasive treatment which involves passing low energy pressure waves into damaged tissues to increase blood flow and stimulate repair whilst reducing pain and allowing your body to restart its own natural healing process. The shockwave is a physical sound wave “shock”, not an electric shock.
– Treatment produces an inflammatory response. The body responds by increasing metabolic activity around the site of pain. This stimulates and accelerates the healing process (promotes the remodelling of dysfunctional collagenous tissues such as tendinopathies, trigger points, muscle strains etc.
– Shockwaves break down scar tissue and/or calcification.
This therapy stimulates the body’s natural self-healing process. There is actually an immediate reduction of pain and improved range of motion. ESWT may also eliminate your need for surgery.
Yes, it is safe and is supported by the National Institute for clinical Excellence (NICE) and has few contraindications. It is a non-invasive treatment, does not involve any medication.
Absolutely! Shockwave therapy is clinically proven and well approved of by the top orthopaedic hospitals, and is used by well-established professional sports bodies including: –
• National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
• English Institute of Sport
• UK Athletics
• Welsh Rugby Union
• Premier League Football Clubs
There is a large body of evidence, which is continually growing, that supports
shockwave therapy as safe non-invasive treatment modality.
Each Session can take between 20mins-30mins.
On average some clients may need 4-6 Sessions at weekly intervals.
The treatment can cause a little discomfort, but a vast majority of people tolerate
this very well. The therapist can always reduce the intensity. Some patients feel a
little bit of discomfort for a day after the treatment.
Please Tell us if you have the Following below:-
– Pregnancy /Actively Trying
– Pacemakers / Metal Implants
– 18 Years and Under 18 cannot be Treated
– Severe Circulatory Disorders
– Taking Anti-Coagulant Therapy
(Any type of Blood Thinning Medication especially Marcumar, Heparin, Coumadin)
– Steroid Injection (Treatment can be done only after 3months) / Have you taken
Ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory Medication in the past 2 weeks
– Tendency to Haemorrhage
– History of Blood Clots
– Antibiotics (Can only have treatment once the course is completed)
– Nerve disorder at Treatment site
– Prosthesis / Broken Bones/ Fractures
– Infections/ Skin Rashes/ Swelling/ Acute Inflammation in the Area to be treated
Single Session – £130.00 ( Top Up Session)
3 Sessions – £390.00 (Once a week – over a period of 3 weeks) Per Area to be Treated
4 Sessions – £500.00 (Once a week – over a period of 4 weeks) Per Area to be Treated
6 Sessions – £720.00 (Once a week – over a period of 6 weeks) Per Area to be Treated
*** Call us today for a Free Consultation to see if Shockwave Therapy is right for you on 0207 2211821 ***